Sunday, April 1, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Almost There

For almost a year, I have been digging through my Kaffe Fassett scraps for pieces large enough to complete my 8" bowtie blocks.  I have finally completed all from the scrap bin that I am able to.



I was able to finish a few more for the stack.

So I figured it must be time to take a count and see where I am at.  I have decided on a 10 x 11 layout so I need 110 blocks.  I have 83 finished blocks.



 So I have to pull 27 fabrics from my stash to finish the last of my blocks.  It was fun to pull out some of my favorites!  Now to get cutting so I can finish up these blocks :)


*********************************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!


So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!








Follow Me on Bloglovin'          Follow me thru Email          Follow me on Feedly


Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
So Scrappy (RSC18)

13 comments:

Ivani said...

great fabrics and beautiful bow ties blocks, you are almost done.

Barb Neiwert said...

What? Out of Kaffe scraps? Good thing you have such a healthy stash to draw from. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's going to be a great quilt! I love your new batch of bowties!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that quilt block pattern, it has been awhile since I made a bowtie quilt

chrisknits said...

Awesome! I can’t imagine making 50 of 1 block, much less 110!!

Jayne said...

You are almost there! I can't wait. I bet it was fun to pick the final batch from your yardage stash though!

PaulaB quilts said...

We do hate to cut those pieces. Why not just cut the narrowest strip you can and save the fabric. It does deserve to be used for special projects.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

It looks like you're having a lot of fun with these blocks!!! I love this quilt!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

love love love those bow ties, and make a special place to show off those KF's.

Preeti said...

I love Kaffe fabric and I have made a quilt similar to the bow-tie blocks. I am sure it will be fun to find treasures in your stash. I am looking forward to rich, beautiful colors and an absolutely fabulous quilt.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! Kaffe's fabrics are so rich and colorful, it's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Sandy Panagos said...

I have never really cared for bowtie blocks before, but that setting makes me think I might try some!

Mystic Quilter said...

You're nearly all finished up with your beautiful Bowtie blocks, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

01 09 10