Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Strata Quilt - January OMG/UFO

One of my main goals this year is to finish up some of my older UFOs.  I have purged all of the ones I know I don't want to finish and I am left with 20 in various stages of completion.



To help in meeting this goal, I decided to join American Patchwork in their UFO challenge.  Essentially, you come up with a list of 12 UFOs and each month, they randomly draw a number and that is the project you work on for the month.  You may not finish it, but hopefully you will make some progress on it.

Sounds like a great idea to me!




For January, the number 6 was drawn.  Looking at my list, this is my Neutrals Strata quilt.  This UFO is not too terribly old.  I think it is a great candidate to start the year off!

As you can see, I have quite a number of pieces already sewn.










I had some time today to get all the pieces up on one of my design walls.  I was pleased to see I am further along than I thought.  It is silly how some projects get tucked away and forgotten when you are so close to completing.


I just might be able to finish this one this month!






So I am going to make this my OMG goal for January and link up with Elm Street Quilts.






What finishes are you focusing on this year?







Linking Up:

Sew Fresh Quilts (Bee Social)

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Great job on that quilt - I am going to try to finish my hexagon top I think and of course all the scrappy projects in the boxes that I have been working on - there is an applique top that I would love to start this year as well -well I? or will it be a challenging pieced top instead? not sure - maybe both

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like there are lots of fun patterns and prints in those strata! I definitely have a couple of really old UfOs to work on. Joining in with APQ is a great idea!

Libby in TN said...

Ooh, looks interesting! This looks like something you can easily wrap up. I love working with neutrals.

Marie said...

It's always such a treat to discover that you are further ahead than you think you are. Looks like this will be a good one to start busting those UFOs for this year.

Kate said...

Ooh, love the mix of dark and lights in your quilt. Good luck with your OMG this month.

Patty said...

Love the idea of listing out your UFOs to tackle them during the year. Your quilt will be striking. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

Jayne said...

I'm going to be honest here...I wouldn't be able to list 12 UFOS! Is it good or bad that I don't usually have them?! Sometimes I wonder! What a great challenge and a fun way to finish some long over due quilts. A little nudge is all it takes! Good luck!

Vera said...

Looking good and doable! You go girl! :)

Pamela Arbour said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous.

Jasmine said...

I like it! This looks doable. I don't have any personal UFO's but I am about to start working on one of my mom's.

Nann said...

I am intrigued by "Martha Grape Lap" on your list!
For the Stashbusters "What's in the Box?" query I bravely opened my orphan blocks/spare parts box. Oh, boy. Once I get En Provence assembled I'd like to try another spare parts quilt.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love the look of your 'strata' quilt, great mix of fabrics!

Edith said...

What a pretty quilt, you are so close - you can do it.

01 09 10